Call for entries
Deadline: 2 March 2015
artvideoKOELN – audio-visual experience 01
16 May Cologne
artvideoKOELN organising the past 10 years the 10 festival editions of Cologne International Videoart Festival – becomes now an event structure of itsown.
For the first event to take place on 16 May 2015, artvideoKOELN international would like to invite artists working with “moving images” to participate and submit their latest, best and most exciting creations.
artvideoKOELN international is
– looking for art works using video as a medium in all its variety, but for submitting only single channel videos are eligible, a hybrid type of work which can be used for different presentation forms like screening, projection and installation.
– expecting new and experimental artistic approaches in transforming essential issues of human existence into the language of the “moving images”.
– inviting film & video creators – to submit up to 3 videos (max duration 10 minutes, exceptions possible) withou any thematical limitations.
– Creations using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
– The preview copy should be uploaded for download by using the free upload platforms like SENDSPACE www.sendspace.com (up to 300 MB) or WE TRANSFER www.wetransfer.com (up to 2GB), after upload please send the link, and CologneOFF will download the film then.
– for review only following video formats are eligible – minimum size–> 720×576 (PAL) or 720×480 (NTSC)or HD:
.mpeg2 (DVD), . mov (Quicktime, H264 codec only), .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media), .flv (Flash video)
– only selected artists will be notified and invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video in best screening quality.
– Deadline: 2 March 2015
Entry Form –
please cut and paste
and use for each video a new entry form
a) full name
b) full address
c) email, URL
d) short bio (max. 100 words, English only)
a) title English – original (max 3 works)
b) URL home page, (Internet address for download)
c) year of production
e) work synopsis (max. 100 words/submission, English only)
f) 2 screenshots for each submitted work (jpg, 800×600 px)
Please add this declaration & sign it with your full name & email address
I, the submitter/author, declare to be the holder of all rights on the submitted work.
In case the work is selected, I give – until revoke – artvideoKOELN the permission to include the work in the festival context online and in physical space for screenings /exhibitions free of charge and use screenshots for non-commercial promotional purposes. Until revoke means, that the author can remove his work at any time.
Please use for each submission a separate entry form
Please send the submission as plain email text only.
subject: artvideoKOELN 01
Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
director and coordinator
D – 50676 Cologne